(version 2.0 2013-03-13)
Important things to know before your Småland holiday
Please take note of the supplementary information to the ordinary terms and conditions information regarding booking and travel conditions shown below which relate to the booking of self-catering houses, cabins or apartments.
Please also check to ensure that your booking details and dates on your booking confirmation tally.
As letting agents we are required to ensure that:
What are your rights as a hirer?
- You are advised in good time with regard to where keys can be collected. As a rule this information is provided together with the booking confirmation.
- The house, cabin or apartment tallies with the description. We are not responsible for undertakings that the owner or his/her contact person may have given you directly without our knowledge and about which we were neither aware nor should have been aware (try to get such undertakings in writing to be on the safe side).
- You are informed about all significant changes that affect your booking.
- You have access to the house, cabin or apartment from 15.00 on the agreed day of arrival, until 11.00 on the day of departure, unless otherwise confirmed.
What are your obligations as a hirer?
- If we do not make the house, cabin or apartment available in the condition promised or at the right time and we are not able to offer you alternative accommodation that differs so little from what you have booked that it is of no consequence to you, then you have the right to cancel the hiring agreement. We must then reimburse all that you have paid us, with a deduction made for the use you may have had of the house, cabin or apartment. Instead of cancelling the hiring agreement you can ask for the hire fee to be reduced. If you have any complaints these should be brought to the attention of the hosts or responsible supplier as soon as possible, though within 3 days from the day of arrival. Faults which arise during your stay should be reported to the hosts immediately so that they have an opportunity to rectify them.
- You have the right to arrange for someone else to take your place and we must accept this person unless we have particular grounds for refusing. In such an event you must advise us before the day of taking possession and a rebooking fee of 100 kronor is then payable.
- You must take good care of the house, cabin or apartment and observe the rules, directions and regulations that apply. You are yourself responsible for all damage caused to the property or its fixtures & fittings by your carelessness or that of anyone in your party
- You may not use the house, cabin or apartment for any purpose other than that agreed when making the booking (normally leisure purposes) and you may not allow more people to stay overnight in the house, cabin or apartment or in the grounds, than those stated when making the booking. Bear in mind that children over 2 years are counted as one person. Other persons can be denied access.
- Consider the next guest! It is of the utmost importance that you leave the house, cabin or apartment in a well cleaned state. Otherwise we shall be obliged to arrange a final cleaning at your expense.
What you are hiring is equipped for self-catering, so you do need to take sheets, towels or similar items. All properties for hire are inspected by our personnel.
Summer accommodation may often differ from your own home. The fixtures & fittings may be somewhat spartan. Crockery and cutlery are not always of a uniform style. The equipment is suited to the number of persons for which the accommodation is intended. The beds may be of the simpler variety. You will be staying in new surroundings with new sounds. During the summer cobwebs, flies and other insects may be found in and around your holiday home. The letting agent cannot be held responsible for this. Bear in mind that many of the letting properties do not allow pets and that smoking is rarely permitted indoors. Even if pets and smoking are forbidden, this does not mean however that the letting property is proof against allergies.